Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Well THAT really effing hurt

I'm on drugs and a tad on the sore side, so this is going to be short.  The bad news?  I woke up during the procedure and it hurt so bad that I cried.  My absolute saintly angel of a nurse wiped my tears away and stroked my head.  For the record, Brenda H. is a wonderful, wonderful woman.

After the procedure, I was given Tylenol with codeine.  Seriously, they gave me tylenol.  Tylenol doesn't do squat for my headaches...how in the hell is it supposed to relieve the pain of the aftermath of the laser wearing shark?  Luckily, I had some percocet at home and it became my best friend as soon as I had lunch.  (Percocet on an empty stomach is not pretty.)

I was in the presence of another saint today.  My husband.  He held my hand, kissed my forehead, carried all of my belongings, remembered to take pictures for my scrapbook, made sure I was as comfy as I could be, told me how excited he was about our babies, tucked me into bed, and even rubbed my tush after he injected it with progesterone.  (You know, the one IN FREAKING OIL.)


Tomorrow, before noon sometime, one of my nurses are supposed to call and give us the fertilization report.  Oh!  I totally forgot to tell you all how many eggs Dr. Thomas (who didn't wear his Santa hat *sad face*) was able to retrieve.  TWENTY FREAKING THREE!  As in one less than two dozen!  Anyhow, a nurse is going to call tomorrow and let me know how many of the 23 were mature and out of those, how many fertilized overnight.

Well, I'm drowsy from pain meds and I really just want to curl up next to my sweet husband.  I'll post news tomorrow, as soon as I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment